About Postpartum Doulas:
International Doula Institute defines a postpartum doula as a professional support person trained in the needs of the family in the days, weeks and months after birth or the addition of a new baby. The doula offers non-judgmental support, guidance, evidence-based education and practical hands-on support immediately after birth through the first year. Doula originates from the Greek word meaning woman servant.
The Professional Certified Postpartum Doula is trained in 5 Core Competencies:
- Caring for and Understanding the Needs of the Postpartum Mom and Partner
- Caring for and Understanding the Needs of Baby/Babies
- Caring for and Understanding the Needs of the Siblings
- Caring for and Understanding the Needs of the Home
- Caring for the Whole Family Utilizing Emotional Intelligence
Our curriculum includes 9 sections with 3-7 modules in each section. In each module is 2-10 lessons including text, reading material, youtube videos, worksheets and more. Our Emotional Intelligence section is of particular popularity as we learn how to provide the above competencies with compassion, empathy, and love.
Bundled Online Doula Training Package Including:
Online Postpartum Doula Training Curriculum
- Daily/weekly Lesson Plans taught by expert doctors, nurses, midwives, dietitians and doulas.
- Assignments, tests, quizzes, and projects for each class.